Step 1: Create a New Document
- Launch the Adobe Illustrator application.
- Choose File > New.
- Set the Width & Height of your document to the final trim size of the product you are printing.
- Set the Bleed to 1/8" (0.125") on all four sides of the artwork. This will allow an extra 1/8" (0.125") on each side of the document to ensure accurate cutting.
- Set the Color Mode to CMYK Color.
- Set the Raster Effects to High (300ppi).
- All other settings will depend on your finished design, including the orientation.
- Click Create.
Step 2: Convert your Text to Outlines
- After completing your design, convert your text to outlines. Unlock any text layers before selecting to ensure they are included.
- From the Select menu, choose All.
- From the Type menu, choose Create Outlines.
Step 3: Saving Your File
- When you have completed your design, removed any design guidelines/templates and created your outlines, choose File > Save As.
- Enter a file name for your design.
- Select the Format: Adobe PDF
- Click Save to show the Adobe PDF window.
Step 4: Saving Your File as a Print-Ready PDF
- PrintSource360 processes all print files through a PDF workflow, which is proven the most reliable format for processing design files for high-quality print production.
- In the Save Adobe PDF window, select our preferred settings for saving a print-ready PDF file. To ensure the finest printing quality, please match the settings exactly as displayed below:
Marks and Bleeds:
Step 5: Save Your Settings
After you complete the above settings, click Save PDF.